Austin, Texas - November 30, 2021 – KingsIsle Entertainment and gamigo have launched the next highly-anticipated new world - the biggest since their historic partnership - to one of the most magical MMORPGs ever, Wizard101. Adding to the game’s impressive stable of worlds, Wizards can journey to the lost world of Lemuria, that is - if such a place even exists. Their adventure will be filled with a new storyline, world scenes, characters, creatures, and bosses in addition to new spells, items, and gear. Wizards will also be able to level up to 150 from the current 140.
In Wizard101’s Lemuria update, a mysterious entity has appeared to the Wizard under the guise of the Old One. Confused and lost, it knows only one thing for certain: it must find the world of Lemuria. The only problem is there is no such world. It’s up to the player to launch an investigation into the lost fragments of history and uncover a silent crime so monumental it shook the Spiral. In the process, players will discover a world filled with enigmatic Lemurs, nostalgic heroes, and enough puns to make your dad say “Ight imma head out”.
“I feel like I say this each time we launch a major update to Wizard101, but I believe Lemuria is our best yet,” says KingsIsle Entertainment Game Director Leah Ruben. “It has everything we know our players enjoy the most – including a cast of unique characters brought to life by a combination of amazing voice acting and laugh-out-loud funny dialogue. Best of all, it’s an update all players – not just those at the endgame – can enjoy, because we've added much more to the update than the new storyline!"
The Lemuria update also includes a host of new features and enhancements to Wizard101:
- Quest Journal Improvements: A revamped Quest Journal that allows filtering quests will make it easier than ever to keep track of all mainline and side quests.
- More Adventurous Adventure Parties: New ways to ensure your party are having fun have been added, including improved chat capabilities and a matching quest indicator so everyone can enjoy the storyline together every step of the way.
- PvP Updates: New PvP-focused spells, the use of a Chess Style timer for 1v1 Ranked battles, and Wizards can now inspect their opponents in the Match Results window.
- New Beastforms: Wizards itching for a new Beastform for Beastmoon events will be delighted to know five new ones will be available starting in the coming months.
- New Event Rewards: Both Beastmoon Hunt and Monster Mayhem events will have new and refreshed rewards for players.
- New Pack Preview Feature: Wizards can preview items within select packs to see a list of new pets, mounts, and gear that they have a chance of receiving.
- Castle Magic Improvements: Babbage Basset in Marleybone has a ton of new offerings for Wizards looking to make their home more magical and welcoming to visitors.
Additional details can be found in the Lemuria Update Notes.
For more information, please visit the following links:
- Website - https://www.wizard101.com
- Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/799960/Wizard101/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/wizard101
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wizard101
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/KingsisleEntertainment
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/wizard101
Featuring over four times as much content since it was first introduced in 2008, Wizard101 players keep coming back for engaging story-driven gameplay across 19 worlds, deep combat, pet systems, and passionate community. Over more than twelve years, Wizard101 has continued to evolve and entertain more than fifty million players.
Wizard101 receives major updates on a regular basis in the spring, summer, and fall seasons. The game is available from Wizard101.com or on Steam.
About KingsIsle Entertainment
KingsIsle Entertainment, established in 2005, is a proven MMO hit-maker with 50+ million registered users across both the company’s MMOs with vibrant and strong communities. Since its foundation, KingsIsle has devoted itself to family-friendly gameplay, and has built an audience that reaches from pre-tweens to their grandparents. Their award-winning game Wizard101 is currently in its 13th year and Pirate101 is in its ninth.
About gamigo group
The gamigo group is one of the leading publishers of online and mobile games in Europe and North America. The group’s diverse game portfolio includes free-to-play titles such as Fiesta Online, Trove and Aura Kingdom and mobile games like Fantasy Town and Heroes of Twilight. Counting more than 400 employees, gamigo group is one of the largest players in the gaming industry. Besides its German locations in Hamburg (HQ) and Berlin, the gamigo group also has branches in Austin and Bellevue (US), and in Seoul (South Korea). In addition to gamigo AG, the group includes the subsidiaries gamigo Inc. operating as “WildTangent”, gamigo US Inc., gamigo Publishing GmbH, Aeria Games GmbH and KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. The gamigo group strives to grow organically as well as through acquisitions. Since 2013, it has made more than 25 acquisitions, including titles, gaming and technology companies as well as individual game assets. The gamigo group is part of Media and Games Invest (MGI). Learn more about gamigo group at https://corporate.gamigo.com/. Learn more about MGI at https://mgi-se.com/